The IIHS recognition also is proof positive that the Leaf can deliver everything a family needs—like award-winning safety—in an innovative, emissions-free, no-gas-needed package.
- Nissan’s Advanced Air Bag System, with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat-belt and occupant-detection sensors, front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags, and roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-outboard occupants
- Three-point seat belts with emergency locking retractors, pretensioners and load limiters for all occupants, with rear-seat passenger belts that also boast automatic locking retractors
- The LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) system for car seats
- The automaker’s Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control System
In addition, per the latest IIHS testing, the Leaf also showcases the top possible scores in the Institute’s evaluations of front, side, rear and rollover crash protection.
“Nissan has a longstanding commitment to safety and innovation,” said Brian Carolin, senior vice president, sales and marketing, Nissan North America, Inc. “The award confirms that the commitment to passenger safety continues with the 100% electric Nissan Leaf.”
- Call: 1-888-845-2267
- Click: CarsonNissan.com
- Visit: 1505 East 223rd Street, Carson, CA 90745